I used to get these cookies from Bon Bon Pastry Shop in New Friends Colony, New Delhi and I have loved these since.
Granulated sugar - ¾ cup
Unsalted Butter - ¾ cup (room temperature)
Vanilla - ½ tea spoon
Salt - ¼ tea spoon
Egg - 1
Plain flour - 1 and ¾ cup
Cocoa - 3 tablespoon
Full cream - ¼ cup
Choc chips or broken pieces of a dark chocolate bar - 1 cup
Instant espresso coffee or regular Nescafe - 2 tea spoon
- Preheat oven to 175°C/ 325°F
- Beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cocoa and salt.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into small balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press thumb or end of wooden spoon into centre of each cookie, but do not press all the way to the cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 mins or until edges are firm. Mine took 10 mins.
- Quickly remake indentations with end of wooden spoon (or thumb) if necessary. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile for expresso filling, mix cream and instant coffee in saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until coffee is dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate until melted.
- Cool about 10 mins.
- Spoon rounded ½ tsp expresso filling into indentation in each cookie and leave to set for an hour.