A satisfying soup which is delicately spiced and is a perfect autumn warmer.
Carrots (trimmed and sliced) - 500 gram
Potato (peeled and sliced) - 1
Onion (finely chopped) - 1
Garlic clove (chopped) - 1
Ginger (grated) - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli (chopped) - 1
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Garam Masala powder - 1 teaspoon
Lemon Juice - 2 teaspoon
Orange/Lemon zest - 4 teaspoon
Coconut milk - 200 gram
- Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid.
- Tip in the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, then cook for 3-5 mins until soft.
- Stir in the garam masala powder, followed by the carrots, potato and zest, then cover and cook over a low heat for 10 mins more.
- Give the coconut milk can a shake, then pour most of it into the pan.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 mins until the carrots are really soft.
- Add lemon juice.
- Use a food processor to whizz until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a swirl of reserved coconut milk and an extra sprinkling of curry powder, if you like.
Note: Add a teaspoon of Kasoori methi and/or 2 tablespoon of coriander for added flavour