Carrots (peeled and chopped) - 3 large
Spinach - 1 large bag
Potato (peeled and chopped) - 1
Coconut Milk - 200 ml
Onion (peeled and chopped) - 1 large
Ginger (grated) - 1 teaspoon
Garlic - 2 cloves
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Fennel seed powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Egg - 4
|Spinach and Carrot soup with Poached egg 🍳|
- Heat oil in large saucepan, over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute gently until softened, but not browned.
- Add carrot and potato, saute gently for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger, chilli and spices, saute for a further1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach, cooked through for 5 minutes (wilt for 5 minutes if using fresh).
- Add coconut milk, bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend smooth with a hand whisk or in a food processor.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Poach eggs in water, one by one, add to soup bowls, garnish with black pepper.
- Optionally add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut milk to each bowl.